Thursday, December 9, 2010

Going Away Video from TAMU-CC (tear jerker edition)


Had a very lovely and moving going away party at work on December 8th. Pretty sure I was in denial up until I had to make a mini speech.  Pretty sure I just babbled my way through the whole thing.  The only thing I had "prepared" to say was how much I feet like the Division of Student Affairs is a family and how everyone took me under their wing and fully supported me. And of course that's the one thing I didn't say.  I managed to say something about zombies but never anything about the importance of family.  Blast!  Soooo, anyone from work reading this know that I consider y'all family! 

Additionally, having the opportunity to live in South Texas as an adult has also been an eye opening experience for me.  I think moving to South Texas and working at a Hispanic Serving Institute has helped me find/realize that my passion is advocacy. Basically speaking up for the others and just doing what's right even when it's hard!

Anywho, enjoy the video if you have a solid twenty minutes.  I said I wouldn't cry and I literally started bawling... not sobbing... not quiet little tear down the cheek... but bawling like a hot mess within 3 seconds.  I regained composure pretty quickly so I could focus on the hilarity and JOY that is this video and my time at an amazing place! And, I'm pretty sure I'm back in denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment